miércoles, 12 de octubre de 2022

Post 3: Academic changes in 2022

 Hello everyone! 

Today I will tell you about the academic changes that could be made to the programme of Chemistry and Pharmacy  at Universidad de Chile.

In relation to the programme of the career, I must tell you that for me it is too long, since you have to considerer stuying for five or six years.   Furthermore, in my opinion in the curriculum  there are very important and necessary subjects, but some of them are learned with a lot of depth and these are very probably not practical, that is, that we won't use them when we start working.

Also, there are some essential subjects to our career that aren't in the programme. For example; Anatomy, Immunology and Marketing, which are elective subjects. However, I think that the latter should be compulsory and not some of the ones we take. Personally, I would remove some that of the unpractical ones.

Additionally, I would change the number of credits per elective subjects to a lower amount because there are a lot and they increase the academic load per semester. Acase in point,  is that some students have had to extend their studies to another semester in orden to complete these credits, because they can't deal with so many tests and assignments during the weeks.

As for the facilities of the faculty, I must say that are in good condition.

In relation to the communication technology for students (u-course and zoom), it is a friendly and easy-to-use system.

Finally, in terms of teaching methods, I think there are subjects that could be improved, especially those that have a lot of group work.


3 comentarios:

  1. I also believe those subjects you mention should be in our career

    ResponderBorrar
  2. You are right, there are many subjects that we should take to be better professionals in the future.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I totally agree with you,there are contents that are seen to much in depth that are not used in the practice should last less years.

    ResponderBorrar

Post 5 >> Back to the Past

  Hello everyone! Today, I will tell about a topic that is difficult for me because  I can't imagine myself in the past or the future. I...